Friday, August 7, 2009

Dear Diary


I have decided to start a blog to keep track of it all...

Keep track of ideas, images, photo sketches, sentences that wind in and out of my mind
things that need to be pinned down in order for them not to float away...

I stopped writing in a journal once I picked up a camera.
I prefer a visual journey over a written one, though I will not forsake the pen and pencil quite yet...

A self portrait can be

cathartic
captive
reminiscent
provocative

The list could go on...
I take self portraits when I feel beautiful, happy, disastrous, when the light is too delicious to miss, when I am depressed, feel alone, when I am with someone I love, when I am inspired. Perfection is pointless. I have spots, pores, dry skin, hairs, tears, and teeth. You will see them.

I love a good camera phone, and over the past three months I have developed a huge affection for my iphone. It is my digital diary. Here is a smattering of self portraits to start.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday, August 7, 2009

Dear Diary


I have decided to start a blog to keep track of it all...

Keep track of ideas, images, photo sketches, sentences that wind in and out of my mind
things that need to be pinned down in order for them not to float away...

I stopped writing in a journal once I picked up a camera.
I prefer a visual journey over a written one, though I will not forsake the pen and pencil quite yet...

A self portrait can be

cathartic
captive
reminiscent
provocative

The list could go on...
I take self portraits when I feel beautiful, happy, disastrous, when the light is too delicious to miss, when I am depressed, feel alone, when I am with someone I love, when I am inspired. Perfection is pointless. I have spots, pores, dry skin, hairs, tears, and teeth. You will see them.

I love a good camera phone, and over the past three months I have developed a huge affection for my iphone. It is my digital diary. Here is a smattering of self portraits to start.











No comments:

Post a Comment